[Foundation-l] what do we do in the event the Foundation fails? - Re: Pol...

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 18 22:36:50 UTC 2007

On 4/19/07, Mohamed Magdy <mohamed.m.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> A thought: how would you ensure that this -successor- organization would
> have the same goals and way of thinking of the current foundation?

If we start building our clone army now, they should be ready to serve
us in about 15-20 years.

Without resorting to advanced biotechnology, one could designate a
mature chapter in a sane jurisdiction as the successor. Otherwise,
you'll have very few guarantees, given that we are talking about a
situation where WMF itself would be defunct.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic