[Foundation-l] governance

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:35:15 UTC 2007

On 11/04/07, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> * should it be the board job to write down a letter of support to help
> >> an editor get access to a museum to take pictures ?

> In general, this is the job of local chapters.

WMUK-to-be has been discussing how to assist people in doing exactly this.

> FR for people from Belgium etc. And even WM UK for the people from
> Commonwealth.

Probably only for the UK itself in practice :-) WMF itself would apply
everywhere there wasn't a local chapter.

> I suppose that *WMF stuff* in this case should be volunteers organized
> by chief of volunteers (which should be payed position).

That would be Cory (volunteer coordinator) or Delphine (chapter coordinator).

> >> * should it be the board job to coordinate a legal threat from a company
> >> for brand use abuse ?

> If not a local chapter, then WMF stuff should mean volunteer lawyers
> organized by chief lawyer (which should be payed position).

Local chapters can alert the WMF. I don't think the brand and
trademark licence is exclusive to the chapter.

> >> * should it be the board job to receive complains that a volunteer has
> >> not done an executive task he promised to take care of, and the board
> >> job to go after the "bad guy" ?

> Chief of volunteers.

That's definitely the tricky bit of volunteer-herding, Cory's job.

- d.