[Foundation-l] Policy governance ends

Anthony wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Apr 16 22:44:59 UTC 2007

On 4/16/07, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com> wrote:
> For instance, in a worst-case scenario that there is only limited funds to
> adequately cover server costs/bandwidth or wikimania, it remains for the board
> to decide whether it should forego one, or alternately, split costs and do a
> half-assed job with both. By the way, this isn't so far from the truth.

Really?  Could you elaborate on that, or do you feel that it'd be a
breach of confidentiality to do so?

Shouldn't Wikimania pay for itself?  I could see an argument
otherwise, but I'd say it should.  Ant also suggests that it should.

> That said, I would say that the foremost "end" is financial sustainability.

That seems to me to be a means, not an end.  Although I'd disagree
with Ant in that I'd say the same thing about Wikimania.  But maybe
I'm misunderstanding her email.

Anthony