[Foundation-l] Adminship tools on Commons

Darko Bulatovic mail at itam.ws
Sat Apr 14 23:12:05 UTC 2007

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> I really doubt that one respected admin on Hebrew wikipedia, for whom
>> many other admins from same community put word, is here to vandalize
>> Commons.
>>

> There is more to trust than knowing someone isn't malicious. You also
> need to know they are competent. Being an admin on one project doesn't
> mean you know all you need to know in order to be an admin on a
> different project with different policies and procedures.

You are absolutely right, and that is oblivious requirements, but all
the time I trying to tell something different.

I just wanted to show part of his appeal on that request page:

*I would like to receive sysop privileges so that I can help translate
the Commons to Hebrew. I would also like some informtaion on the
translation process.*

Check:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Administrators/Requests_and_votes/Yonidebest-2

As you can see, he didn't know the translation process, and the reason
for asking is to translate - assuming that he need (someone told him )
to have that privilege.

It's seem to me quite clear, that here is miss-understanding problem,
and still some people don't see it.

Darko