[Foundation-l] Adminship tools on Commons

Bryan Tong Minh bryan.tongminh at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 21:24:13 UTC 2007

On 4/14/07, Ayelie (Editor at Large) <ayelie.at.large at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally it is how long this has gone on for and the repeated bringing up
> of things that have already been explained, as well as the refusal to accept
> the consensus of the community, that has forced me to be more to-the-point
> than I usually would be.
I think this greatly summarizes the problem. If Yonidebest had
accepted that the community consensus was that for translating Commons
sysop rights are not necessary, had translated on talk pages, his next
RFA would have probably succeeded. Instead, he started arguing about
the procedure.
I cannot speak for the rest of the community, but I think his behavior
has greatly reduced the communities trust in him. Which is a pity,
because it will mean that if he tries to regain adminship again, it is
likely to fail again.

> about). If we had partial adminship for one reason only perhaps he would
> have been granted it, for editing protected pages.
Just offtopic, but isn't this possible in MediaWiki? To have a user
group that can edit protected pages but not do deletions and related
stuff?