[Foundation-l] Language subcommittee vs Montenegrin language - show time over again

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 11:19:03 UTC 2007

Not to be nit-picky, but...

On 13/04/07, Sabine Cretella <sabine_cretella at yahoo.it> wrote:
> We haveONE English wikipedia, ONE German wikipedia, ONE Chinese
> wikipedia, ONE Spanish wikipedia, ONE Portuguese wikipedia etc. and they
> all are able to co-operate within their variations - so we simply expect
> the same from you.

Well, actually we have two English Wikipedias (en: and simple:) and
multiple "Chinese" Wikipedias (so far zh: - Mandarin, zh-yue:
Cantonese, zh-classical: Classical Chinese, zh-min-nan: Min-Nan, wuu:
Wu, cdo: Min-Dong). Also two Norwegian Wikipedias (no: and nn:).

I'm just saying it's not like the boundaries of languages are clear or
well-defined, and it's not like defining what constitutes a language
has ever been free of politics. Both which I'm sure Sabine is actually
aware of. :)

cheers,
Brianna
user:pfctdayelise