[Foundation-l] governance

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 11 14:05:12 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/11/07, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > The Board should have no involvement in an issue of this triviality.
> > It is not an either/or between those two.

> But, we need some body for such decisions... A new committee? I am
> completely skeptical in relation of making any final decision via
> voting on Meta.

Consider the way we appoint admins in the projects, or delete
articles: the community debates/votes on an issue, and a trusted user
or group of trusted users (for controversial decisions) interprets the
final result and closes the debate. I see no reason why this model
should not be applied to closing wikis as well. We have stewards who
can act in the same role as admins or bureaucrats to do for
community-level processes.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic