[Foundation-l] governance

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed Apr 11 13:23:21 UTC 2007

On 4/11/07, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't think about power to close, for example, German Wikinews. Of
> course, there should be a procedure before any decision. However, at
> the some level in the decision making process we need some expertize.
> And Board is not expert body, but political body. At least, cases like
> Klingon Wiktionary should pass through Lang SubCom which should say
> what it thinks about the case. This would relax Board.

The Board should have no involvement in an issue of this triviality.
It is not an either/or between those two.

Yes, the LangCom can and should be consulted, but not make the final
decision about project closure.
--
Peace & Love,
Erik

"An old, rigid civilization is reluctantly dying. Something new, open,
free and exciting is waking up." -- Ming the Mechanic