[Foundation-l] Language Prevention Committee created

Arbeo M arbeo.wiki at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 1 14:36:54 UTC 2007

2007/4/1, Jesse Martin (Pathoschild) <pathoschild at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> The Language Prevention (sub)Committee would like to announce that the
> Kabyle Wikipedia  has entered the localization stage. Once the primary
> interface messages are translated, the subcommittee will recommend the
> creation of the Kabyle Wikipedia to the board.
>
> The Kabyle Wikipedia will be the first new wiki approved by the
> subcommittee, so we've asked the Kabyle community to help tweak the
> process for future requests. Based on this discussion, we have made it
> unnecessary to translate the entire interface: 327 messages are
> currently listed as unnecessary, and users have been invited to
> suggest others.

 That looks like a prudent solution. In combination with providing clear-cut
directions (which you kindly did on Meta) and support if necessary it will
in all likelihood turn the "barrier" of localization into a surmountable
one. Considering Kabyle as a model case for the viability of the procedure
makes a lot of sense. A big "thank you" to the langcom for this constructive
step forward.

The Language Prevention (sub)Committee is profoundly sorry for failing
> to prevent the upcoming creation of the Kabyle Wikipedia, and is in
> particular sorry for projecting a far quicker processing rate once the
> procedure has been tested.

Don't worry about it. The subcommittee has sufficiently proved that it is
capable of preventing Wikipedias over longer periods of time. Let's just
leave it at that ;-)

Yours,
--Arbeo