[Foundation-l] Some question about Wikimedia Hong Kong

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 18:09:20 UTC 2006

On 10/24/06, Sam Korn <smoddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Delphine was quite clearly not saying this was a hard-and-fast rule.
> Obviously these things should be taken case-by-case.
>
> There's no need to pick holes in everything anyone says.  It's very impolite.

I admit to being a Falsificationist.

I don't like baseing stuff around countries or jurisdictions because
that risks furthering nationalism which is the cause of some of our
more persistent edit wars.

Instead I would prefer that chapters were based around logistics of
transport, population, and comunication (languages). Not of course in
many cases this will give a result that lines up with existing
boarders either national or sub-national but I would dislike makeing
such a link explicit.

--
geni