[Foundation-l] Good example; The works of Charles Darwin freed :)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 11:06:17 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> How can he hold the copyright to a work that's over a century old?

I belive the president under english and welsh law is the Graves case.
The royal society is doing something simular with their scans of old
documents. Would you like me to send you a copy of the three pages of
conditions that the imperial war museam put on the use of copies of
their PD material?

>This
> isn't right. He doesn't deserve it. Anyone who takes works and decides to
> sell it as a MASS PRODUCED PRODUCT doesn't deserve financial security.

No evidence that anyone is selling it.

--
geni