[Foundation-l] Fundraising season launch

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 07:39:22 UTC 2006

It is very nice to know we will get detailed financial information in days.
Regarding disclosure, I would like to point two things:

On 10/10/06, Brad Patrick <bradp.wmf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ours is a community where saying "trust me" is not the same as "show
> me".  I look forward to being able to demonstrate the financial
> picture of the Foundation as soon as possible.

1. In the past fundraisings, we had multiple questions / requests for
detailed budget, expenses etc on talk pages. Some were really severe
criticisms in my impression. So I think, it will be better to provide
such information before we start a new round.
2. Concerning comments on past fundraisings, not every donors of us
didn't seem parts of editing community and some thought themselves not
parts of the community but just visitors/users. Before starting a new
fundraising campaign, we are better to remind whom we will ask a help.

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org