[Foundation-l] Porchesia atonement

Birgitte SB birgitte_sb at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 15:58:47 UTC 2006

--- Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/10/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I think this is true of most rules and a good
> reason
> > to *avoid* coming up with a rigid rule to catch
> > hoaxes.  They key is to find them quickly.  I
> think
> > en.WP generally does a good job of this.  I
> imagine
> > they patrol articles much more effectively than
> other
> > communities.  (Or else a ten-month old hoax would
> get
> > a more matter-of-fact recation)
>
> Ten months is pretty extreme by en.wp hoax standards
> - three months is
> the usual top of the range before it gets caught by
> someone, IME.
>
> > I think the key is
> > finding a way to identify "high-risk" articles.
> If we
> > could manage to ggenerate a list of month-old
> articles
> > sorted by least number of edits, and keep it low
> > profile.  It may be enought to do a second round
> of
> > "patrols" off such a list.  Although that doesn't
> help
> > with any currently existing hoaxes.
>
> Something like Special:Unwatchedpages on en.wp -
> visible to admins
> only? It's worth a try...
>
> --
> - Andrew Gray
>   andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk

Well I don't know how big Special:Unwatched Pages is.
It might be unmanagable.  I don't even know if my idea
is technicly possible, but people do amazing things
with the toolserver.  Another idea is if a Lunar
Changes list can be generated.  Basically the same as
Recent Changes but it would be pages whose most recent
change was exactly one-month ago.

Birgitte SB