[Foundation-l] FUCK OFF!

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:39:22 UTC 2006

006/10/2, Oldak Quill <oldakquill at gmail.com>:

> This seems quite out of character. Your account hasn't been hacked?

Then you don't know my character... I can be rather explosive at times.

> Discussion of concerns has always been a strongpoint for Wikipedia. In
> my personal experience, although things can get heated, flames are few
> and far between.

Well, I don't know which Wikipedia you are on... Sure, discussion is a
strongpoint, but mostly they just function by giving the side who
happens to be in favor of the status quo a reason to revert everything
the other side does for not following due process and flaming over
such actions.

The current issue is that apparently on the Dutch Wikipedia proposing
that some page should be deleted is enough to be flamed at. Definitely
flaming *all* such people at once on the village pump seems to be
acceptable behavior. Well, as said, I am of the opinion that there are
things that don't belong on Wikipedia. But I seem to be in the
minority. Rather than eating up myself and get flamed, I prefer to
step out.

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels