[Foundation-l] Where we are headed. (was Wikimedia main office)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri May 26 17:31:11 UTC 2006

--- Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
> Perhaps this little discussion is misleading.  Some members of the
> community, who are not board members, but who are of course highly
> respected community members, have been discussion possible new
> directions for the foundation which would apparently involve me moving
> to New York or DC (which isn't going to happen, by the way), and opening
>  an office there.

Nobody has suggested that you or any other board member would need to move. Board members need not
be in any Wikimedia office every day. The location of the main office (that is, the one where the
executive director and most of the staff work) should be, IMO, dictated by where we can most
easily maximize connections with like-minded organizations and with the relevant representatives
of the nations we want to work with.

-- mav