[Foundation-l] Contact in Thailand reply:Jimbo

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Sat May 20 17:14:11 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Waerth wrote:
>

>>I am still disappointed in the way people get purged if they are to
>>critical even if they never abuse the responsabilities
>>

>You have hardly been purged.  You are welcome to contribute in the
>projects, and it has always been my hope that your issues with various
>things can be resolved in a positive manner!
>
>Your stewardship and status as press contact were both revoked after you
>threatened to abuse both of them.  When you were desysopped in the Dutch
>community following a community process, you threatened to use your
>steward status to make yourself a sysop again, as I understand it.

Nope when I was blocked for a week without any good reason I said that,
I wasn't a sysop anymore already for a few weeks, as I was desysopped by
a 28% ''Majority'' (meant ironically 72% supported me) But it was merely
said in anger. Nothing more. I didn't do it. So I didn't abuse anything.

> When
>you were unhappy with something about the formation of the dutch
>chapter, rather than coming to me or the board with a complaint, you
>threatened to go to the press with your complaints.

Because when things were discussed here on these mailinglists I didn't
get any reactions and people ignored things, other Dutch people also
mentioned it on this very same list. RonaldB the main person responsible
for this mess who has given himself leadershipfunctions in both
organizations that were founded (why 2 and not 1 as in all other
countries .... I know what was said secretly on private channels when I
still was in favour with people, but people will deny it when I give the
reasons out loud) and who registered both organisation near his own
hometown instead of a central location in the Netherlands as was asked
for, still refuses to answer all questions asked to him by Dutch editors
about why and how. If he answers it is like air, whole skies of text,
but so thin that it is meaningless, no straight answers. So when we did
not get any answers about a Dutch chapter and RonaldB seems to want to
use the name of wikimedia for projects nothing to do with wikimedia. As
RonaldB put it: collect money and put it in projects which have nothing
to do with current wikimediaprojects! Then I have serious doubts yes,
extremely serious doubts, because that means (selfish mode) taking my
work flaunting with it for the promotion and financing of non-relevant
things this is even harder for me to swallow as I am once again facing
quiet months in my work and I haven't paid rent for 2 months, after
three months I get thrown out. Untill this day RonaldB has answered NILL
questions, although Oscar has answered some and Delphine gave me certain
guarantees. I am still astonished that RonaldB gets rewarded for staying
silent and not answering questions. A desysop procedure was started
against him in which many people raised doubt about what he did and
asked him to start answering! But they didn't feel it was enough to
desysop him for. Still a majority did fill in in their comments they
want RonaldB to open up, and he never responded. I still want clarity
and certainly from someone who has taken a mandate given to him and a
group of people by a group of editors to form a Dutch chapter and they
came back with something we never asked for and now that it is a faith
accompli refuses any form of communication!

You are right this pisses/pissed me of. It still does. But just to make
things clear I would have never ever walked to the press as a
representative of the foundation. I would have gone as a private person.
Thinking that I would have done else is presuming. As a
pressrepresentative just as as a steward I have a total clean sheet!
Check my interviews both radio and paper. By taking both of them away
from me. People assumed. I was tried without a lawyer without even a
crime that had happened. I was never asked anything by you. You assumed.
This has hurt me both inside and outside, as people have presumed I have
committed wrongs I have never committed. And I had to listen to that
shit and defend myself.

Also a private chat with Danny on IRC hasn't done any good as to my
faith in the board as I was let known I am considered to be one of the 2
idiots from nl.wikipedia. So there goes assuming good faith. I am still
awaiting apologies for that! Certainly since it came from the same
person that took my stewardship. Promised it would be temporarily,
promised it would be discussed. And nothing happened! Nothing!

I am happy you have finally responded in the open so I can finally
answer in the open.

pissed off, and disillusioned
Waerth/Walter