[Foundation-l] Design for wikipedia's front page (and corporate)

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri May 19 15:03:31 UTC 2006

Elisabeth Bauer wrote:
> One of the problems which arose there with our free licenses is
> the possibility of modification. If you're a good designer, creating a
> good layout for wikipedia - do you really want any design ignorant admin
> later fiddling with it and maybe destroying it?

This sounds a lot like the arguments against Wikipedia in
general---surely if you're a good researcher, perhaps a professor in
archaeology, creating a good article on your area of expertise for
Wikipedia --- do you really want any archaeology-ignorant editor later
fiddling with it and maybe destroying it?

I'd say it's worked out pretty well so far. ;-)

-Mark