[Foundation-l] Design for wikipedia's front page (and corporate)

Łukasz Garczewski tor at oak.pl
Thu May 18 23:12:31 UTC 2006

Ben Yates napisał(a):
> It honestly
> doesn't seem like a very important issue right now considering the
> number of improvements that could potentially be made if we were to
> set the issue aside for now.

Quite right.
> For example: has wikimedia/wikipedia ever been formally tested for
> usability, to see (in hard data) how the interface could be improved?

Well... Gandalf (Mozilla Europe Board Member, Lead Developer of Aviary
PL etc.) has thrown one example of bad (usability- and
accessibility-wise) design after the other at us during the meetup I
mentioned. But I don't think he did a thorough test. I do know that he
is a pro and that he was the first person I though of when I saw the
overhaul proposal.

I am going to try to contact him this weekend and get him involved in
this. Will keep you posted.

--
Cheers,
Łukasz "TOR" Garczewski