[Foundation-l] Design for wikipedia's front page (and corporate)

Ben Yates bluephonic at gmail.com
Thu May 18 21:12:43 UTC 2006

There was a proposal to overhaul wikipedia's front-page design, and
wikimedia's corporate design, by holding a contest:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Design_overhaul%2C_2006

But designers are mostly opposed to contests, and pro designers don't
usually compete in them (contests also pose problems for organizations
on the recieving end) -- see Talk,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Design_overhaul%2C_2006

So it looks like we have an offer from a visible designer to help us
find pro-bono firms and designers who'd be willing to do the site for
free (just not on spec).  We should put out a call for portfolios.

Cheers (and sorry about the telegraphic style; I'm a bit tired)

Ben Yates