[Foundation-l] The status of smaller languages on the Wikimedia Commons

Daniel Arnold arnomane at gmx.de
Thu May 4 23:32:15 UTC 2006

Am Donnerstag, 04. Mai 2006 20:17 schrieb Gerard Meijssen:
> Why you are talking about a meta-subcommittee I wonder, I
> was thinking more in terms of the communication committee and its
> translation subcommittee. With the new structures that are put in place,
> there are new opportunities to find ways of getting your message out.

Hm there is a local "translation committee" in Wikimedia Commons:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Help_page_maintenance

I was just bold and did create it some time ago and I think it is perfectly
suited for Wikimedia Commons needs without to much bureaucracy overhead. For
sure I am always open to experience of others and I always try to reuse ideas
from other projects but I simply am not that familar with meta-wiki internals
(and thus might have missed something).

Regards,
Daniel Arnold