[Foundation-l] RfC: A Free Content and Expression Definition

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Mon May 1 20:16:10 UTC 2006

On 5/1/06, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The works I see us dealing with here are religous
> works, goverment works, and manifestos of political
> groups etc.

Again, these works can be protected through policy, while at the same
time permitting, by policy, legitimate derivative works such as
translations. There's no need to forbid derivative works by law. In
any case, the authorship history of the original work must be
maintained under common licenses such as the GFDL and CC-BY. This is
the message we have to communicate to the authors of these documents.

Erik