[Foundation-l] Free advertising on Wikipedia

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Mon May 1 07:08:44 UTC 2006

2006/5/1, daniwo59 at aol.com <daniwo59 at aol.com>:

> I do not know the solution to this problem--several have been raised, but  in
> my mind none is completely satisfactory. I am simply posting this here in the
>  hope that it will elicit discussion and, perhaps, a real policy decision to
> counter this worrying trend.

I think that the solution should be to remove many more links than are
done now. When I read that Gregory Maxwell removed 45 links from a
page and kept another 45, in my opinion he has been rather reserved -
rare is in my opinion the page that needs more than 3 links. Wikipedia
is not a link collector.

I'll be going through pages on my watchlist and see whether there are
any inappropriate links and remove them, then check whether they exist
elsewhere on Wikipedia if they appear to be not on the most likely
page (which would make it seem they have been spammed).

Andre Engels, andreengels at gmail.com
ICQ: 6260644  --  Skype: a_engels