[Foundation-l] Free advertising on Wikipedia

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Mon May 1 04:41:49 UTC 2006

On 4/30/06, Robin Shannon <robin.shannon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 01/05/06, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A list of pages which I suspect of having low edit-oral-ness (whatever
> > that is) of their external links is now available.
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Gmaxwell/externalmania
>
> Looking at that page i notice that lots of them are lists (in fact the
> majority). Many of these lists are complete and will not need editing
> ever again (for historical things) or very rarely into the future.
> Perhaps a lost of these should be semi-locked or is that unwiki?

I didn't see any lists that were complete, but I haven't looked closely.
I know that a good number of pages have already been fixed based on
this list.. even the ones that have lots of link that look good, many
of them still have a bad link or two lurking, you have to check them
all.. and no one is, which was my point. :)