[Foundation-l] Intent to launch Chinese Wikinews

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Mar 7 15:59:07 UTC 2006

Chinese Wikinews has long met the formal requirements of a new Wikinews
edition to be launched. There has now been another poll:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Vote/Zh

which currently has 36 votes in favor of launching, including many
Chinese Wikipedians, and only one (!) vote opposed. As per the voting
rules, given more than 90% support after a week of voting, this means
that the project can go ahead.

Are there any objections from the Board to launching the project now? If
I don't hear anything by the end of the week, I presume we can go ahead
and set up the site.

Erik