[Foundation-l] Opinions/suggestions for "outside" members of the board?

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 20:29:02 UTC 2006

The Cunctator wrote:
> I'd LOVE to see Wikipedia used to force Creative Commons and FSF to work
> together. We're the 800-pound (or 800000-pound) gorilla in the category
> "users of the GFDL" and I'd really like to see formal license compatibility.
Hoi,
On the Holland Open conference (last week) Eben Moglen gave a keynote
speech on the Saturday. One of the things he mentioned was that on a
conference in Barcelona, there will be a first draft of the GFDL 3. He
also mentioned that he hoped that it will make it easier to combine both
GFDL and specific Creative Commons licenses.. I think I remember he
mentioned the 26th.

Eben also mentioned that Jimmy Wales was truly instrumental in many of
the changes that will be included in the newer GFDL. :)

Thanks,
    GerardM