[Foundation-l] the easy way or the less easy way

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 15:35:21 UTC 2006

On 6/18/06, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As regards your statement that a temporary Board appointment may be
> > imminent, is there a particular reason why it needs to be an
> > appointment, rather than an election?

> It would be an interim measure between the time of the appointment and
> the next election (hopefully September if the Board can make the
> effort to vote on the pending resolution between now and then).

Has the possibility been considered to make this, then, an interim
appointment in the same way Brad is our interim Executive Director --
i.e. the person appointed would explicitly not be running in the Board
election? Besides being more fair to all prospective candidates, it
would allow us to postpone some of the matters being discussed here
until the final Board setup is clear. The interim Board member would
focus on operational issues only.

Erik