[Foundation-l] List congestion

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Fri Jun 16 01:25:08 UTC 2006

Lars Aronsson wrote:

>While all this discussion of the cost of pizza in Tampa Bay is
>very interesting, it might be polite to other list members if
>discussions are kept focused on the organization of the Wikimedia
>Foundation and its board.  I'm not speaking for any of these, I'm
>just a bystander with an interest in statistics.
>
>In the last week, I have received 216 messages addressed to
>foundation-l. That would be 800 posts per month, which is twice as
>much as the comfortable level.  As a comparison, wikitech-l saw
>124 messages in the same time and the German wikide-l only 44.
>
>The most frequent posters to foundation-l were:
>
>     24 From: Michael R. Irwin
>     20 From: Anthony DiPierro
>     14 From: Kelly Martin
>     13 From: Erik Moeller
>     11 From: Gregory Maxwell
>     10 From: Zack Clark
>     10 From: Anthere
>      8 From: Jimmy Wales
>      6 From: Robert Scott Horning
>      6 From: Delirium

Interesting.

I recently got out of the hospital and responded to a 6-7 week backlog
in the last couple of days.

Plus I currently have no permanent or stable workspace for Wikiversity
activities to absorb my time and vamoose me away from here to useful
recruiting, content creation, yack yacking with my buddies with a common
goal or vision there, etc. etc.

No doubt I shall remain in the top twenty for a while.

It might be polite for people tired of reading windbags who have just
dropped in for a few months to figure why a project with overwhelming
support from everyone; the Board, the voters: except people who oppose
it and will probably not participate in it; to simply delete my posts
and quit implying I or others providing useful information for me should
shut up.

Perhaps you and others should consider reviewing the archives or the
daily mediawiki digest if we are clogging your inbox and you dislike
automated filtering or rapid deletion without reading.

regards,
lazyquasar