[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Thu Jun 15 07:36:48 UTC 2006

Jimmy Wales wrote:

>Michael R. Irwin wrote:
>

>>Wikiversity is a natural fit with the existing projects and the slogans
>>and bylaws yet it is not being implemented despite overwhelming
>>community support.
>>

>It should be noted that I am a strong supporter of Wikiversity.  So,
>whatever merits the rest of your rant might have, this does not seem to
>be particularly relevant.
>
>The Wikiversity group was asked to make some relatively minor
>adjustments to the charter, adjustments which addressed the concerns
>*not of the board*, but of the people who had opposed to creation of
>Wikiversity.
>
>The board has not been presented with a followup proposal for a vote.

 Further.

Since when do naysayers opposing a project set policy for that project?

That is about the most idiotic thing I have experienced locally for a
few days.

Also the best illustration of why the diverging projects are inevitably
going to come to the point of self organization independently of each
other and then need to define effective interfaces just like effective
complex machines, software packages, or big international organizations.

You must be working late.   This is very substandard reasoning compared
to your usual brilliant prose.

regards,
lazyquasar