[Foundation-l] Fundraising ideas - bursting the bubble

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 13:46:59 UTC 2006

On 6/14/06, Anthony DiPierro <wikilegal at inbox.org> wrote:
> Now let's assume you can't get volunteer labor,
> which is probably untrue considering there are probably enough
> Wikipedians just in the Tampa Bay area willing to help.

In Tampa bay?

Do you think that just one person working for a few hours is enough to
stuff 1000 envelopes?
If not, I don't know what you're thinking...  because pretty much not
more than number of Tampa localers showed up at the last meetup there,
and .. well.. A meetup isn't work.

You seem have odd notions about how much work, beyond babysitting
their pet article and windbagging on lists, that a majority of our
volunteers are willing to perform.