[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Michael R. Irwin michael_irwin at verizon.net
Wed Jun 14 05:27:36 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

>On 6/13/06, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
>

> No one has come up with a perfect system, or at
>least if someone has no one has implemented it yet.  It's probably no
>possible to come up with a solution the the community can agree is
>good because our deadlock prevents us from building the experience
>needed to build a good solution or even evaluate the qualities of a
>proposal...   In some cases the community is simply terrible at
>decision making, someone long winded noncontributing naysayer able to
>come in and disrupt progress.
>
>And I see that I am becoming long winded myself. My apologies, this is
>my last post to the litst today.

Too bad.  Some good information forthcoming.

It seems most people agree that there are many approaches and none of
them are totally perfect.  Thus our deadlocked discussions.

When we deadlocked in this fashion where I used to work as a project
manager we often prototyped several approaches and tried them.   We did
this even for private sector customers.  Then we picked the best
selection, combination or threw our hands up and promised to start over
in the morning.

Perhaps we should do some prototyping and testing.   We may find
different groups prefer different methods in different sections of the
database with some flash over points that could be defined.

regards,
lazyquasar