[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 06:52:27 UTC 2006

Let me put this clearly. I will and have *twice*; ran for the board.
Nothing has changed in this regard, except my feeling that I genuinely
can contribute. The first time I was a candidate, I thought the best
contribution would be to stand out and keep the debate of
candidateship on an even keel. The second time I wanted to present a
genuine challenge to the incumbents (both female), without causing
antagonism. The next time, if it comes to be, I will genuinely strive
to get on the board, without regard to who is the other party/parties
involved. Nuff said.

On 6/9/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/9/06, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm very surprised that the only people who are interested in a Board
> > position are Fred Bauder, Walter van Kalken, Erik Moeller, The
> > Cunctator, and the two people who wrote to me off-list.
>
> :-) I doubt that this is the case. It's just that hypothetical
> questions like that are unlikely to generate many answers, not to
> mention that many people may not be comfortable expressing their
> interest in this way. I expect we'll see a diverse group of candidates
> if and when one or two open community board seats are actually widely
> announced.
>
> Erik

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen, AKA. Cimon avaro