[Foundation-l] Would you consider being on the Board?

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 02:47:17 UTC 2006

I'm very surprised that the only people who are interested in a Board
position are Fred Bauder, Walter van Kalken, Erik Moeller, The
Cunctator, and the two people who wrote to me off-list.

> Sorry Fred, I think you misunderstood Angela's email. I believe this
> was an entree intended for someone specifically, at least thats the
> impression I got, and the email is just a mere polite pretext. Is this
> not the case?

If it was intended for someone specifically, I would have asked that
person privately rather than posting to the list.  This was not
intended as a "polite pretext" to anything, but a genuine query as to
whether there would be anyone willing to be on the Board if the Board
were about to appoint someone.

On 6/7/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you think the Executive Director (CEO) would also be on the Board
> at the same time?

No, the (interim) executive director position is not a Board position.
That person will be reporting to the Board.

Angela.