[Foundation-l] Fundraising ideas - using what we've already got

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 14:57:05 UTC 2006

On 6/7/06, Brianna Laugher <brianna.laugher at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think there is a lot of untapped potential in selling existing WM
> items to try and increase the average donation.

Not to mention the branding benefits -- and my Wikipedia bag has been
a conversation starter a few times already.

> I am constantly amazed at the quality of Wikimedian photography at the
> Commons and we could easily bundle, say, 10 super high quality images
> together in a ZIP and offer "10 free computer wallpapers".

This has worked well for a few webcomics artists: make a donation, get
a wallpaper. Of course, given that all our content is out there
anyway, people may feel a bit cheated if they don't get something
exclusive.

Erik