[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Tue Jun 6 23:02:36 UTC 2006

On 6/5/06, Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
> Jimmy Wales wrote:
> >> And when it comes to inviting an outside
> >> member, how is that member going to be chosen? Will there be a public
> >> dialogue about who the best figure is for this role, or will they
> >> simply be appointed?
> >>

> > It would be absolutely fine to start a public dialogue about it right
> > now.  Who do you recommend we approach?
> >
> [snip]
> Bruce Perens is somewhat well-known for free software
> advocacy, and is well-connected with tech companies if that's the sort
> of thing we're after.

That would certainly be interesting considering this statement he
made: "I object to the GFDL license applied to the wikipedia, and
believe that - because of the flaws in the license - it is unlawful to
host the wikipedia on a computer running any contemporary operating
system."  See [[Talk:Bruce Perens]].

Personally I think all the members of the Wikimedia board should be
members of the Wikimedia community.  To pick an outsider for such a
position makes no sense to me.

Anthony