[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 16:38:14 UTC 2006

On 6/6/06, Erik Moeller <eloquence at gmail.com> wrote:

> One person who immediately comes to mind is Achal Prabhala, an
> important, charismatic and brilliant international leader in the
> "Access to Knowledge" movement, i.e. availability of free textbooks
> and other learning resources, international IP law, etc. (he gave an
> excellent speech at Wikimania on the topic).

I met Achal when I was in South Africa, and again at Wikimania last
year. If there is to be an advisory board, he should definitely be
considered for that since he has a lot of very relevant experience and
would seem to support our goals. I'd rather keep the actual board
limited to people with experience of Wikimedia though, rather than
outsiders to increase the chance the Board members are aware of the
community's concerns and have some motivation to follow the wishes of
the community.

Angela.