[Foundation-l] Breaking promises (was Re: Where we are headed)

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Jun 5 13:49:09 UTC 2006

Troy Hunter wrote:
> This is a violation of Jimmy's promise to never vote against Anthere
> and Angela except on matters of grave importance.

Not at all.  I consider this issue to still be a live issue, and I am in
agreement with the spirit of the resolution.  The problems with it were
and remain purely technical, and I am confident that a compromise
version can be reached.

The legal opinion that we got on the resolution is as follows: "My legal
opinion is that the resolution as stated does not accomplish what its
drafters would otherwise intend, and that it will create problems in the
future if relied upon."

Therefore, a rewrite is in order.

--Jimbo