[Foundation-l] Re : Where we are headed

Kelly Martin kelly.lynn.martin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 23:03:18 UTC 2006

> Could communications be improved?  Yes, of course, but this is something
> we have all known for a long time.  I believe that the core problem is
> not a lack of information flow, but excessive flow of raw information
> which makes it hard for anyone to keep up with it all.

Yes, this is exactly the problem.  For someone like me, for whom
Wikimedia is an avocation and not a vocation, there simply isn't
enough time to read all of the huge morass of information that is out
there -- spread out over a dozen mailing lists and a dozen wikis, not
to mention other sources -- required to form a fully informed opinion.
 This definitely hampers my overall participation.

Kelly