[Foundation-l] Where we are headed

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 4 20:13:55 UTC 2006

Anthony DiPierro wrote:
> On 6/3/06, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
>
>>I agree completely.  But when we post everything we can publicly, have
>>open meetings, have community committees, and then people don't read it,
>>well, I don't agree that this is "being cut off".
>>

> A list of resolutions which have passed, in most cases without vote
> counts or any other information, with pending resolutions not even put
> into the view for months, is not "everything you can publicly".
>
> In fact, I asked your CFO over a year ago for a copy of the latest
> 990, which is by law publically available and the IRS recommends for
> it to be posted on the foundation's website.  I have received nothing
> other than the very first 990-EZ which has finally arrived on the
> Guidestar website.  You haven't posted everything you can publicly.
> Not even close.

Not the CFO fault :-)

Our fiscal year run from june to june. The Foundation was created in
2003, but I am not sure the 990 2003 would make much sense to you. I
never saw it myself, though I was told my name appeared on it.
The 990 of 2004 was only recently sent. It actually contains some errors
which should be fixed soon. Since it is a public document, I suppose we
can put it on Foundation website once fixed? Or add a link if it is
available somewhere on the web ? Will check that.
As for the 990 2005, it is too early for it to exist.

Ant