[Foundation-l] jobs

Essjay essjaywiki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 01:57:01 UTC 2006

Anthere wrote:
> Let me see... I need
>
> 1) someone with good knowledge of cell phones to help us figure what we
> could do with wikipedia and cell phone (technical description). Able to
> answer all emails on OTRS of cell-phone people proposing various
> partnership.
>
> 2) Someone with good graphical skills to improve the look of a CD for
> kids 7-13. And make the external jacket. Speaking french will be a bonus.
>
> 3) Someone to clean up and rearrange all pages on meta related to the
> Foundation. Good english skills required as well as knowledge of the
> Foundation structure
>
> 4) Someone to update various pages on the foundation website. To check
> the discrepancies between the english version and the other languages
> version. To contact the various editors responsiable of this version to
> tell them about the discrepancies. Require : access to WMF site and good
> communication skills.

More than happy to help with updates, but unfortunately not very
multilingual (damn US schools). Is there anything someone with good
communication skills and a fluency in English, but not other languages,
can do?
> 5) A baby-sitter at Wikimania for my baby. Skills : knowledge of kids.
> Plump preferred. Male, female, trans welcome. Date and location : early
> august in Boston.
>
> 6) A lawyer or legal counselling to fix broken contracts received on
> OTRS. Skills required : patience and availability.
>
> 7) Checkuser issue : it seems the privacy policy, the checkuser policy
> are not making everyone happy. I am looking for someone to review both
> and make new proposals. Additional jobs : doing stats of useage. Asking
> Brion to add a system to allow easier consulting. Skills : tough skin.

More than happy to help with this, and have already run stats privately
several times on the use on en.wiki, and sent them to checkuser-l at
least once; no problem to do on the other projects, since it is a common
log and I have access as an en.wiki checker. What stats would you like?
> 8) OTRS assistant : job, improve the spam filter. OR, clean up the board
> queue.

Can't really help with the spam filter, but more than happy to have a
shot at the Board queue. Of course, I only know the things I've moved
into it, as I'm not allowed to access it, but assuming there are no
three-headed monsters hiding behind the "no permission" screen, I'll do
what I can.
> 9) Fundraising assistant : someone to help Mav to write a resolution
> allowing the creation of that committee. Then, help to make a GREAT
> fundraising before summer. Skills : being creative with good
> communication ability. Urgent job.
>
> 10) Business development : I need someone to help figuring out how much
> are trademarks are worth. Example : if we make a dvd, how much to ask
> per item. If we make a board game : how much to ask per item.
>
> 11) Also in business development. I need someone to collect the names
> and addresses of all mirrors (in all languages) and to contact them one
> by one to propose them a live feed; Will require to contact translators
> to fix languages templates. Should get a tech description from Brion.
> Skills and various : should have tech knowledge and OTRS access.
> Multilingual preferred.
>

> More later as soon as I had time to really think about it.

Keep the ideas coming, always willing to help.

Essjay

--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Essjay
Wikipedia:The Free Encyclopedia