[Foundation-l] Latest board resolutions

Jeffrey V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Mon Jul 31 05:36:41 UTC 2006

Lars Aronsson wrote:

>Michael R. Irwin wrote:
>

>>If this is a nonissue because duplicate dataset updates are routinely
>>sent to various chapters that have agreed to serve as out of U.S.
>>control zones backups
>>

>And what I'm telling you is that "out of U.S. control zones" are
>essentially North Korea, Syria, and Zimbabwe.  If the U.S. govt
>were to close down the Wikimedia Foundation, then a backup in
>Sweden would not help you one bit.  Libya will not help you,
>because Khadaffi is far to eager to improve relations to the
>western world.  That is, in a fight between you and the U.S. Govt,
>Khadaffi would side with the later.
>
>Venezuela's Chavez might want to help you, but will he be able to?
>
>You better start building that fort near Waco. You're on your own.

No, just turn it over to one of the tribes and give whichever tribe 51%
control of
WMF. We do this stuff all the time with corporate investments. The trade
off is you
fall under the jurisdiction of tribal Courts. Since only tribal folks
can bring causes of
action in tribal court, the outside world (with the single exception of
the US Attorney General)
are barred from stirring up trouble.

This talk is just nonsense. WMF is in great shape. It they can muzzle me
and put a harness and
me and get me working to help them, they can fix anything.

Jeff