[Foundation-l] Project Proposal: Wikicat

GerardM gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 15:34:59 UTC 2006

Hoi,
The project that you propose has a very large overlap with the WikiAuthors
project. This project is as it is described on Meta about among other things
the disambiguation of Pubmet articles. This project is extremely likely to
be realised. The functionality that you describe can and will by and large
be modelled using Wikidata technology.

As this project does use the Wikidata technology, it would make very much
sense to collaborate and share our efforts and make one big and beautiful
project.

Please let us discuss how we can / will collaborate.. for your information
WiktionaryZ's codebase is updated daily. This means for instance that today
people will have definitions shown in the language of their user interface.
If this definition is not there, English will be shown. When there is no
English, any definition will be shown.

Thanks,
    GerardM