[Foundation-l] Reporting & communication (was: Wolf Mountain MediaWiki Appliances Released)

Domas Mituzas midom.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 10:04:16 UTC 2006

Hi!

> /me notes "the bureaucracy and hierarchy of WMF is as complicated as
> ... some christian denominacions which claim their apostelic
> traditions

:-) yeah, all that stuff to prove there is no cabal..

> nothing in details for what they contributed to the Foundation. And as
> far as I know, many of them believe they donate for hardware purchase.
> It would be good to inform them how their former donations were used.

Haha, well, the best report for what tech team is doing is that site
is still up. ;-)
All our major hardware purchases (well, other stuff than a meter of
UTP cable)
are shown on meta pages, and reports used to be more of an overview of
problems and visions.

> is spent for those. Or it was done under the name of WMF. Other kinds
> of reports are therefore informative and helpful to develop the
> Foundation's and consequently our own activities on the projects.

I sure agree that it is nice to communicate :) I also believe that
method for that should be part of our common sense :)

Anyway, I think that at least tech stuff is pretty transparent for
those who care.
We're communicating (and always online :) in IRC, there's active
mailing list, our wikis (and logs in them) are public, yadda yadda.
Some guys even read village pump ;-)
If only everyone around would provide that much of information about
activities ;-)

> So we expect you remember other present and important issues clearly,
> including the informally proposed Houserule for Wikimania?

I'm rebellious, surely not following that one. :)

--
Domas Mituzas -- http://dammit.lt/ -- [[user:midom]]