[Foundation-l] Wolf Mountain MediaWiki Appliances Released

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Thu Jul 27 02:18:10 UTC 2006

Jeffrey V. Merkey wrote:
> >I find this deeply problematic.  Are you providing your audience
> >with a product that says "this is Wikipedia" and where the edit
> >history for an article says "this part was written by user:LA2"
> >but where the stuff I wrote might be filtered out?
> >
> That's what the GFDL is all about **ANYONE** may edit. This also means
> **ANYONE** can edit or filter out materials.

Yes of course, but then the article history shows that someone
else had edited the text after I was there, and the diff (included
in the distribution or available by link to the Wikipedia website)
shows exactly what my contribution was.  Does your filter program
show its own modifications in the article history?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)