[Foundation-l] Wolf Mountain MediaWiki Appliances Released

Jeffrey V. Merkey jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com
Wed Jul 26 21:18:13 UTC 2006

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

>On 7/26/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>So that we may never have to buy another server for decades... or until we
>>need more processing power.
>>

>I wish you luck in keeping the disks running that long. ;)

3 x 1 power supplys and high output fans. These are the same units I
sell through Solera Networks (I am
using the same manufacture I contracted with for Solera),
They are installed with Wikipedia instead of solera networks software
(forensics tracking software is optional),
and these units seem to go for about 4 years before needing hard drive
swapouts in only 2 % of cases.
The massive airflow keeps the drives cool and they seem to go over 48
months before I start to see any sector failure issues
even in the most severe writing cases (which DSFS the file system I
wrote for Solera is extremely write intensive).

Jeff