[Foundation-l] Latest board resolutions

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 17:19:53 UTC 2006

On 7/25/06, Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey at wolfmountaingroup.com> wrote:
> Is there somewhere the wiktionary language/messages files are available
> so I can translate them into
> Cherokee and Uto-Aztecan for the Wiktionary and Wikibooks esspecially. I
> can hand hack them to
> map to the pages, but I noticed the Wikiversity stuff has a lot of
> additions.

Much of WiktionaryZ UI content will be localized through WiktionaryZ
itself (language names, relation names, etc.). There will be some UI
strings which will need traditional MediaWiki localization, but right
now, the UI is not stable enough to define these.

I think you should talk to Gerard Meijssen about the use of Betawiki
for localization:
http://nike.users.idler.fi/betawiki/Etusivu

It's currently a bit confusing, but I do think the approach of having
a single community/wiki focused on localizing the MediaWiki UI makes
sense.

Erik