[Foundation-l] Latest board resolutions

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 16:21:26 UTC 2006

On 7/25/06, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Good luck with the raising of the $60,000!
> >
> > Will WiktionaryZ eventually replace the current Wiktionary?
>
> It's too soon to answer that since the new software is very much still
> in the beta phase. What I'm hoping is that the current Wiktionary
> communities will try it out and get involved in making that decision.

Pre-alpha is more like it. ;-) We're not nearly feature-complete (only
terminological functionality for now), we haven't done a systematic
security and quality review of the code yet, and we're not up to date
with the latest MediaWiki. Still, things have been progressing nicely:
We now have a fairly flexible data and user interface model, are
working on a generic versioning layer, and have some interesting top
secret projects as well ;-). Most importantly, people have recently
been given the ability to add new expressions/meanings, and started to
systematically do so for a list of 1000 English words:

http://wiktionaryz.org/Portal:eng/List_of_1000_basic_English_words

I'm very happy that Wikimedia is willing to host the project. Let's
discuss the exact operational parameters at Wikimania.

Erik