[Foundation-l] Update on ombudsman issue

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 20:48:24 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, James Hare <messedrocker at gmail.com> wrote:
> But is the box, which would link to the true ombudsman, be a good idea?

There is (now) a legitimate policy issue with his username, I guess.

I think it's entirely appropriate to ask him again if he'll
voluntarily change his account name, and if not then it's entirely
appropriate to insist that he allow a disclaimer/pointer box to the
Wikipedia Ombudsman at the top of his homepage, given the new
possibility of user confusion of him and an official function.

I'm just unhappy with the immediately draconian proposed responses as
opposed to starting with constructive polite requests, with a couple
of options we can talk with him about.  There was no call for
threatening to nuke him rather than asking nicely.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com