[Foundation-l] Update on ombudsman issue

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 15:16:23 UTC 2006

So that it is clear that discussions do not always get buried and
forgotten :-)

Some time ago, we discussed the possibility to create an ombudsman
commission to deal with complaints related to abuse of the Foundation
privacy policy, associated to checkuser activity or not.

A resolution(*) has been written to describe the role of the commission
and the extent of its delegation. 3 members have been proposed.

Angela and I approved that resolution early july. The quorum for a
resolution to pass is 3 approval. We are waiting for another board
member to vote.

Anthere

(*) For those who wonder what this "resolution" stuff is and coming to
Wikimania in 2 weeks, I'll try to explain how the Foundation is
functionning (or not functionning) on sunday the 6th of august (open and
free ad)