[Foundation-l] Requests to use the foundations' trademarks/logos.

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sat Jul 15 02:27:32 UTC 2006

Thanks, Brad, for breaking the news to Foundation. I will just ad that it
was a very exciting trip, which will open many new opportunities for all of us,
and I feel fortunate to have been able to participate.

With regard to the US Holocaust Memorial Museum, I just want to add a quick
note that their remarkable collection includes images, testimonies, videos,
and  audio. They are also compiling an online encyclopedia in seven languages,
and  that material will be there for us to harvest as well, according to  the
terms of the GFDL. They have some amazing material on other genocides  as well,
including Cambodia, Rwanda, and Darfur.

I will suggest, however, that people wait a few more days before taking
material from their site, so that our discussions can be formalized in a written
agreement. I hope that this can set a precedent and serve as a model for
future  cooperation with other museums and educational institutions. After all, we
all have the same goal--sharing the sum of human knowledge with all people
who seek it.

Special thanks to Mindspillage who helped me with the  USHMM meeting. It goes
without saying that I am ever grateful to Brad  for coordinating and leading
this amazing effort and to Mindspillage and  NullC for all of their technical
insights and great ideas and advice  before, during, and after these meetings.

Danny