[Foundation-l] Quran in Sitenotice

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 19:23:49 UTC 2006

On 7/13/06, Sean Whitton <sean at silentflame.com> wrote:
> That sounds sensible, how about something along the lines of (after
> translation by a kind soul):
> Discussion on the [[foundation-l]] mailing list about the Urdu
> Wikipedia's sitenotice has come to the conclusion that according to
> policy the sitenotice should not be used <perhaps a quote from Jimbo
> here>. We'd like to hear the opinions of the users of this wiki before
> we take any action over this issue.
>
> Sound okay?

Discussion on the [[foundation-l]] mailing list and IRC about the Urdu
Wikipedia's sitenotice has come to the conclusion that according to
policy sitenotices of that type should not be used on wikimedia
foundation projects. In particular it conflicts with the principle
that wikipedia is written in NPOV (this includes religious
endorsements). As a result we would like to disscuss the removal of
the the text from site notice.

That gives the reasons but the ending is too weak.

Incerdentaly what is their article in Israel like?

--
geni